Wasdell Production Facility & EU Hub
Wasdell Production Facility & EU Hub
Wasdell Europe Limited
IDA Dundalk Science and Technology Park, Mullagharlin, Dundalk, Co Louth
The Works comprise the construction of an Advanced Technology Unit, for an internationally traded pharmaceutical contract packaging, storage and distribution company. The building is 8230m2 (including 3,300m2 of cleanroom), and works include all ancillary car parking, bicycle parking, loading areas, landscaping, internal roads, ESB Substation, drainage and ancillary works on a site of 2.93ha within the overall lands of IDA Dundalk Science and Technology Park at Mullagharlin, Dundalk, Co. Louth.
Due to Client licensing requirements a phased build was required to achieve early Client use of the facility via early delivery of the clean room section to the nominated clean room contractor.
The first phase was to have the cleanroom and warehouse areas complete within 10 months of commencement of works. The office area was complete 1 month after the first phase.
- Groundworks, including excavation and creation of BERM to site boundary, Drainage, Street Light, Electrical Ducting and watermain installations. Concrete Pad and Strip Foundations, approximately 450m3 of concrete installed.
- Insitu Concrete – 7500m2 of insitu concrete floor slab 150mm thick, to a Class U3 fair level surface finish. 1500m2 300mm Precast Floor slabs installed to first floor areas with concrete screed installed to FM2 standard. 1100m2 300mm Precast slabs to Roof with concrete screed installed.
- Blockwork – 200m2 of blockwork to Substation. 1920m2 of 215mm blockwork to Internal walls, including all necessary accessories (U-Blocks, Lintels, DPC’s, reinforcement)
- Structural Steel Work included 870 tonnes of primary and secondary steel including columns, beams, roof members including parapet posts and roof trusses and Sundry items including bracings, framing, trimmers, gutter brackets, holding down assemblies, and sheeting rails/purlins.
- Full Office Fit Out (1600m2) to Ground Floor and First Floor including Male/Female Changing Rooms, Male/Female Toilets, Canteen Area, Offices, Conference Room and First Aid Room which included the following finishes: Stud Partitions, Floor Finishes, internal Joinery, fire doors, skirtings, glazed partitions.
- APS Curtain Wall System installed
- External Wall Cladding – Kingspan RW Panel (KS1000RW) 2407m2 – This was placed to the Rear Elevation of the building and Parapet Walls. KS1000 MM – Mini Micro Insulated Wall Panel, 100 mm panel thickness, 2,490m2 – This was completed to all other elevations of the building. Kingspan BENCHMARK Evolution Panel, 100 mm panel thickness = 134m2
- Roof Cladding – Kingspan KS1000 RW = 3,410m2 completed to High level roofs. Kingspan KS1000 TD Topdek, insulated roof panel; 91 mm core thickness, 3,300m2 was completed to lower level roof.
- Mechanical Fit Out including 5nr AHU’s including associated accessories and big foot mounting system and 750 metres of Ductwork
- Electrical Fit Out including Biometric Access Controls
- ESB Substation approximately 35m2 Floor area, including all necessary trenching and construction to ESB specification. MV Switch Traffo and associated works also were completed.
- Clean Room was completed by a separate Contractor Bassire, where Kilcawley Construction coordinated the sequencing of works to be completed.
- Car Park Area completed to hold approximately 170nr cars. Car Park including access routes around the building is approximately 10,000m2. Slipform Kerbing was also installed.
- Landscaping completed by Douglas Nurseries for Kilcawley Construction which included 250 metres of Post and Rail Fencing with Sheep wire to boundary, 4800m2 cultivating/raking and seeding, 1250nr of Hedging plants and 45nr Tillia cordata trees.
- Project involved the Management and coordination of multiple sub-contractors on a building contract of similar scale, nature and complexity
- This project was constructed from site commencement within 11 months. The first phase to allow client fit out of the cleanroom and warehouse areas was completed and commissioned within 10 months.
- Advanced Technology building for a high tech client
- The project value €17,000,000.00 delivered in 11 months.
- Total area of the new facility is 8,230 square metres.
- Significant and complex M&E installations and integration
- The project was delivered on time and to budget and to the satisfaction of the client.
- Project delivered under BCAR
- Building air permeability of 3.00 (M³/hr) /M² @ 50 Pa Building Pressure
- Car Parking
- Site Works, including the provision of new access road, set down and pick-up areas, perimeter fencing and landscaping.
- Use of prefabricated components – Structural Steelwork; aluminium windows and doors, precast concrete, stairs, floors, terraces and walls; prefabricated internal wall panels; insulated external roof and wall panels
Short listed for ICE Awards 2020 –Category: Industrial Over €10 million