Construction of a new 110kV sub-station within conﬁnes of an existing 220kV sub-station. Works involved bulk excavation, 3m deep concrete basement, steel frame and cladding and site services in 'live' sub-station. 25,000m of ducting laid.
- Concrete works.
- Steel frame.
- Architectural wall cladding.
- Ducting works 25,000m.
- Internal resin ﬂoors and raised access ﬂoors.
- Complex project within 'live' sub-station.
- Complex concrete frame.
- Strict working procedures with ESB CMP13 & OBN198.
- All operative training to ESB requirements.
- Existing sub-station services to Dublin airport to be maintained throughout.