Demolition Works to Existing School and Construction of New Building comprising of 16nr Classrooms; including all necessary mechanical, electrical works and external/internal finishes.
- Mechanical & Electrical - approx. value €650,000.00.
- Groundworks - including installation of new sewerage treatment plant, hard standing areas, external ball courts, car parking; drop-off and pick-up facilities; bicycle parking; ball courts; service yard; landscaping and boundary treatments..
- Concrete Work and Formwork including RC Concrete Works of 1,295m3; Rebar - 90 Tonnes; Precast hollowcore slabs - 1,550m2.
- Blockwork - Fairfaced Block completed, approx quantity completed 6500m.
- Structural steel - 40 Tonne completed.
- Roof & Cladding - Standing seam roof completed, approx. quantity 1,600m2.
- Cloonakilla NS projeC29a new 3,200m2, 16 classroom GRD school and demolition of the existing facility. The building is situated on the existing school grounds which are located in Bealnamulla, Athlone, Co. Roscommon
- The works were carried out in 2 phases, the first phase involved constructing the new school on a greenfield sloping site - directly adjacent to the original operational school.
- Phase 2 which involved the demolition of the existing single storey school, water tower, prefabricated classrooms, shed and hardstanding to form the new vehicle laydown and turning area could only be commence when phase 1 was completed.
- The new school itself consists of a two-storey 16 classroom GRD school including a G.P hall, sanitary accommodation, stores, staff areas, library and ancillary areas, new car parking / set-down area, site lighting, all associated mechanical and electrical installations, a new lift a hard play area with 2 ball courts and a soft junior play area. A 1.2-metre-high plastered and capped blockwork boundary walls, a new main entrance and mesh panel fencing was also constructed.
- Associated site works and landscaping was carried out including connections to existing services.