This new facility will act as a contingency centre for the existing facility which controls all air traffic over the North Atlantic. The works comprise of the
construction of a 1200m2 building on piled foundations, with a re-inforced concrete frame which includes for full waterproof warranty for period of 15
years, along with extensive site works. The building facade will consist of specialist glazing and cladding systems.
- Roofing & Cladding
- Mechanical & Electrical
- Piling adjacent to existing live operational air traffic control facility
- Façade Design, co-ordination and installation was by Kilcawley Construction in conjunction with our specialist contractors
- Mechanical and Electrical co-ordination and delivery
- Air tightness - Plenum floor ventilation for highly sensitive IT equipment
- Works carried out diligently, with continuous noise and vibration monitoring to ensure no disruption to the existing live facility.
- The building is situated adjacent to the River Shannon and is a known flood area. The new facility is design to be 100% watertight with flooding to 1.5m above FFL.
- Due to sensitive equipment required for air traffic control cooling requirements and redundancy systems was a critical element of the build.