Working in conjunction with Company Senior Management (Managing Director/Commercial Director/Contracts Manager/Managing QS/Directors)
- Day-to-day management of the projects and people under your control, including supervising and monitoring the site labour force and the work of subcontractors
Health and Safety
- Ensure that the works are delivered in the safest manner possible, with the support of the Site Manager, EHS Advisor and Contracts Manager, in accordance with all legislative requirements
- Ensure contractors on site execute works as per their approved method statement & risk assessment
- Giving daily site briefings to the workforce prior to starting work. This is vital to ensure interface risks between subcontractors are safely managed
- Ensure the highest standards of housekeeping are maintained
- Reporting of all safety incidents and/or accidents to the Safety Advisor & Company Directors in strict accordance with company protocols
- Prepare method statements and risk assessments for construction activities as required
- Help the company achieve our goal of Zero Harm on all our worksites to all our workers and third parties we interface with
Roles and Responsibilities
- Full responsibility for the successful delivery of multiple projects both from a time scale & commercial prospective.
- The recruitment of effective project teams.
- Mentoring and Development of Project teams including Intermediate, Junior and Graduate Quantity Surveyors / Project Managers / Engineers in the following areas:-
- familiarize them with the Company systems and procedures
- plan their workload and time allocation across Projects
- provide understanding the requirements of various Contracts they are involved with
- maintain their ongoing Professional development within the Company
- develop their general construction knowledge and awareness
- Ensure that their own Professional Development is maintained through CPD programmes, media articles, online learning.
- Responsible for overseeing multiple projects, at the strategic level. Managing shared resources and finances, to make sure each project is progressing on time, and within budget.
- Developing budgets, and managing costs, to ensure that construction projects are completed within budget guidelines.
- Making sure that all construction projects meet health and safety codes, quality requirements, environmental regulations, and building regulations.
- Making strategic decisions, and providing leadership and direction to project managers, to implement those decisions.
- Implementing, and defining procedures for enhanced performance.
- Ensuring personnel operate to company procedures.
- Meeting with clients, stakeholders and project managers to report on project progress.
- Managing risks to avoid delays or reputational damage.
- Liaising with clients and building strong working relationships.
- Work cohesively with Senior Management, on day to day operations, while developing future pipeline and growth policies.
- On all standard and nonstandard contracts, provide redlined recommendations.
- Proposing suitable changes to design to improve saving, ease construction programme, enhance specification and quality on completion.
- Provide guidance on contract matters to project managers or other operational staff, including training to new project managers and other employees in contracting practices and procedures.
- Develop and implement procedures for contract management and administration in compliance with company policy. As appropriate, contribute to or influence company policies.
- Monitor compliance by company employees with established procedures. Identify areas of recurrent pressure.
- Handle on-going issue and change management.
- Ensure contract close-out, extension or renewal.
- To identify underperforming projects and develop a business plan to address and manage issues effectively.
- To collate and provide constructive feedback on standards to the business.
- To ensure that the visual presentation of all projects represents the brand image.
- To create a positive environment that results in stable retention and a reduction of staff turnover.
- To be relentless in reducing costs on your projects; reviewing all cost lines and optimising processes and resources.
- To support the management of staff competence and activities so as to optimise and sustain business growth and performance and client satisfaction.
- To ensure that all sites adhere to compliance requirements in all areas of operational activity, company policies and procedures
- Filing all Project records in accordance with the Project Filing matrix requirements.
- Prepare reports sections for Contractor Reports/Management Meetings/Board Level Meetings.
- In conjunction with project teams ensure preparation of internal Project Cost reports.
- Review, monitoring and reporting on Project Commercial Plans to advise on “creep” and wastage levels on Project.
- Advising Surveyors/Estimators internally of competitive suppliers and subcontractors where they arise.
- Monitoring and tracking of Project Retentions post completion and ensuring timely close out of snags to release same.